Wednesday 21 March 2012

One week to Go

Well, today is my birthday, the fabulous '40'. Any feelings I have about getting old, still being single and not achieving what I had planned in my life are completey overshadowed by the fact that Eva and I are going to be on a plane in a week and heading to Ecuador, to begin three months of learning, exploring and tasting the sights and sounds of South America.

Have I packed enough warm clothes and please don't let me loose my passport (again!) this time around are taking far greater precedence in my mind today, than any worries about wrinkles, and Uni work. Although I will be taking both with me. High altitude does wonders for intensifying crows feet, and Uni, well, I can't afford to fail so I'm hoping to seek inspriation from the magnificent Andes mountains and pray for good wi-fi connections! Of course the trumpet has to come along too so I'm hoping that Eva gets plenty of opportunites to play. At least there is a backup plan for if I do loose everything - Eva can busk to pay our way home!

I haven't really planned what or where in detail. I know where we are staying when we arrive in Quito. A nice little hostel called the Secret Garden. From there we'll organise a Spanish School and a homestay in a little town called Otavalo to the north of Quito and let the journey begin!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a blast. Looking forward to reading about it

    ReplyDelete